Sunday, March 1, 2009

Video Switching at College Wesleyan Church

About every other Sunday, Steve and I work on the tech crew at our church, College Wesleyan Church. The church has three simultaneous venues, and the two venues outside the sanctuary tune in to the live sermon video feed. We use three cameras, and a director/producer switches between the shots. Steve usually does camera, and I'm the director/producer, also called switcher. So I thought I would take my camera along today and take a few shots of the process. Only a few of these were staged. :)

Gathering the necessary supplies. Headset, cell phone, order of service, bulletin, and of course, COFFEE!

Steve helping Victoria, the PowerPoint operator. Steve wasn't on camera this week, so he hung out with me and Victoria in the tech room.

Ben, CWC's technical director, giving Jared and Kristina a few last-minute tips. They were really good!

Ready to work my magic!

Following Pastor Steve DeNeff takes a lot of concentration! The man moves around like none other! He was doing an illustration this morning, talking about how your perspective of the cross changes depending on what you need (Maybe...to tell you the truth I was paying more attention to whether or not he was in focus!) and he was almost running from one side of the stage to the other. One of my camera operators said over the com, "I think we need to put in speed bumps!"


No comments: