Monday, January 12, 2009

Praying for Boxes

I've been really trying lately, when something is on my mind and bothering me, to pray about it right then. So, a few days ago, I was worrying about boxes for mailing the books I've been selling. I had bought bubble envelopes, but whenever possible, I like to use free "found" boxes or envelopes. Because they're free. The IT industry has perfected a box for shipping memory and whatnot, and it's the PERFECT size for a trade-sized paperback, of which I have a lot. The WGM IT department kept me stocked for a while, but I had used my last one on this particular day, and I was worrying about where I would get more. So I prayed. I know it's silly, to pray about boxes. But I did anyway, and felt much better. It's amazing what happens when you tell God what's on your mind. It's like He cares and listens or something. :) A few days later, Steve brought these home:

Yep, a whole pile of perfect-sized boxes. God is amazing. Steve had told the guys he works with at Taylor to be on the lookout for me, and boy, did they deliver.

And while we're on the subject of boxes for books, here's a peak at my store.

This is only some of them. There's more on the right. I have over 500 posted on half.com.


Here's the rest that I still have to post from SF's stock. But the "problem" is, I've been selling so many more than I'm used to, that I'm a little overwhelmed. So I'm waiting a few days to post the rest of this stock. I've gone from maybe one sale a day to this:

A few more than one. Yay for college students starting a new semester! Check out the awesomely sized memory box!

Steve thinks it's funny. He said, "What other girl in the world gets this excited about boxes?" I still think God is so amazing that he would indulge this little want.

No comments: