Sunday, April 5, 2009

Normal Saturday with Steve and Rachel

Saturday was a lovely normal day, with sleeping in, meeting a good friend for lunch, a leisurely stroll around a pond, and playing cards with friends in the evening. Perfectly, completely, and in every way all things civilized, refined, and normal.

Well, and then this happened:


Here's how it went down: Steve is working on a phone system upgrade at work that means they have lots and lots of nice-sized boxes that I can use for my half.com bookstore. I get free shipping boxes, Taylor feels a little less guilty about trashing the environment, and everyone's happy. He recently brought home all those that you see in the picture. But Steve also is sort of mischievous. And I'm kind of a klutz. As we were carrying stacks of these boxes upstairs, Steve got to the top of the stairs, turned around, and decided to drop his stack down towards me, who was paused at the landing. I tripped on them, fell backwards, and ended up as you see. Definitely one of my shining moments. (Don't worry, no Rachel's were harmed in the carrying-out of this prank.)

But Steve also won major points yesterday for buying me a new bike and a 250 GB hard drive to upgrade my lappy. So, the way I see it, it all evens out. And I totally married Steve for his money.

No comments: