Friday, October 3, 2008

Daddy's Girl is here!


The set is done, with just one or two little mishaps. Lines are memorized, with just a few little hiccups here and there. And lights are set, with just a few little awkward moments.


I've been sick this week with a cold/cough/sore throat/fever. I know, great timing. My voice is a little lower than it should be, but I think it'll be okay. The odd squeak will just add to my character's awkwardness. I'm nervous beyond belief, but I think I know the thing good enough that I could do it in my sleep.


One funny set mishap: there is this bubble gum machine in the back of the set, at the opening of a hallway. A couple days ago, during a set change, one of the cast tripped over the base, and sent the whole thing crashing to the ground. The glass bowl shattered. But instead of just removing the machine, our director taped an "Out of Order" sign over it, which really adds to the whole "devil-may-care" attitude of the proprietor of the diner.

No comments: